All versionsSee all
"VLC Amigo" is a remote control App for VLC; it was formerly known as "VLC Remco".
* Playback Control;
* Extended Controls;
* Playlist Management;
* Easy Setup;
* Tested Extensively.
Details of key features ...
* Playback Control:
- Rewind / Fast Forward x5;
- Rewind / Fast Forward x30;
- Rewind / Fast Forward x180;
- Increase / Decrease Volume;
- Next / Previous Chapter;
* Extended Controls:
- fullscreen zoom;
- DVD menu/back buttons;
- DVD menu navigation keys (up, down, left, right);
- DVD menu select button;
- cycle aspect ratio;
- cycle video crop;
- toggle subtitles;
- modify playback speed;
- adjust audio playback delay.
* Playlist Management:
- add files from the file system;
- auto-detects DVDs on the file system;
- remove files from the playlist;
- browse the file system;
- tag file system folders as 'favorite' for quicker access.
* Easy Setup:
- VLC setup helper applications available for your operating system are available at www.hexbeerium.com;
- help is included in the app for your operating system;
- will search your local network for VLC;
- on startup will try to reconnect to where it last connected to VLC;
- can manually add hosts;
- can specify port number.
* Tested Extensively:
- Windows 7 with VLC versions 1.1.11 & 2.0.0-rc1
- Windows XP VLC versions 1.1.11 & 2.0.0-rc1
- OSX 10.6.8 with versions 1.1.12 & 2.0.0-rc1
- OSX 10.7.0 with versions 1.1.12 & 2.0.0-rc1
- Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot) with VLC 1.1.12
- Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) with VLC 1.1.9
- Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) with VLC 1.1.4
- Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) with VLC 1.0.6